In-Person Psychological Services: Policy and Procedures to Reduce Risk of COVID-19 Transmission
Please do NOT come to our offices if:
- You have COVID‐19-like symptoms such as a sore throat, fever, sneezing, or coughing. Self‐isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days from onset of symptoms, until the symptoms are completely resolved.
- You live in the same household as a confirmed COVID-19 case or you have been exposed to anyone confirmed to have COVID-19, or been exposed to anyone with possible symptoms of COVID-19. Self-isolate for 14 days or as recommended.
- You have travelled internationally. Self-isolate for at least 14 days.
Session Format Options
- If you feel some symptoms, but are well enough to participate in treatment, you may ask for telehealth sessions and your provider will determine if this is appropriate for your situation.
- If you are too sick to participate in treatment, please reschedule your session. There will be no cancellation fees applied.
What We Ask of You
- Please maintain 2 M distance from others at all times.
- Please wait either for a call informing you that your clinician is ready before you enter the office or come into the office at your appointment time.
- Please limit the people in the office to those that are required in the session (for example, no one to wait in the waiting room).
- Wash/sanitize your hands on entering the office and after using a tissue or coughing or sneezing or touching your face.
- Please limit contact with reception and speak to staff from behind the plexiglass barriers if you need to conduct business with reception.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- You and your psychologist can decide if you feel you both need to wear masks in session.
What We Are Doing to Keep This Office Safe For You
- We are keeping the density of staff and clients low and staggering appointment times.
- We will not be using handshakes to greet you at this time.
- Waiting areas shall not be occupied.
- Common space doors will remain open.
- Staff will continue to bill remotely and send receipts electronically.
- Frequently touched items are wiped down at least twice a day.
- Shared equipment is wiped down between every client.
- Shared items and items made of fabric and soft materials have been removed if possible.
- For more information see www.bccdc.ca.
Health or Safety Concerns About Our Offices?
- Email Tanna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call to schedule an appointment
Toll Free: 1-877-727-7060